Wednesday 1 January 2014

American Hustle (2013)


A masterpiece. It was funny, it made me laugh out loud, it was ironic, clever and poignant and best of all mostly true. Credit should start with an outstanding complex script written by Eric Singer and David Russell.  Russell was the directorial tour d force behind American Hustle. He is no one hit wonder having Silver Linings Playbook and Three Kings amongst other hits. A totally unrecognizable Christian Bale plays real life alleged con man Melvin Weinberg. It Oscar time for Bale, Russell, Singer and nominations for Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams and maybe Jennifer Lawrence. Fantastic cameo's by Robert Dinero and Micheal Pena. The sound track rocks.  A movie crafted in the old world way. Loved it loved it loved it.

Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. Wow nice review. I have the film on my list of 'must sees' and will watch over the weekend, if only I can get past the horrible fashion of that decade. I am not sure what people in the 70s were thinking with those flairs, collars, hair and strange fabrics (but i mean no offence if this applies to you, if you were old enough then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yahya, I just missed being of disco age. I did have a leisure suit and a purple seersucker shirt.

    ReplyDelete